Considering a Remortgage? At Martin Shepherd, our experienced team of solicitors and conveyancers is ready to expertly guide you through the process. Our commitment is to simplify your conveyancing journey, ensuring it is not only efficient but also stress-free for you.
We can advise you on Remortgage Conveyancing at our Potters Bar, Hertford, and Finchley offices.
Why you need a Solicitor for your Remortgage Conveyancing
When you embark on your remortgaging journey, your new lender will insist on you hiring a solicitor to handle the legal aspects, known as conveyancing.
At Martin Shepherd Solicitors, we stand as your dedicated ally, representing the interests of both you and your lender throughout this process:
- We conduct all legal searches, identifying potential liabilities.
- We ensure that your property serves as secure collateral for the mortgage loan.
Our expertise ensures a seamless remortgage experience, safeguarding your interests and securing a smooth transition in your financial journey.
What are the steps involved when remortgaging a property?
- Find a conveyancing solicitor: Contact our team of conveyancing solicitors to handle your process.
- Proof of ID: We will request proof of ID to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
- Current Mortgage Details: Our conveyancing solicitors will obtain details of your existing mortgage and request a redemption statement from your current lender.
- Leasehold Checks: The team will ensure lease terms and remaining lease time align with your new lender’s requirements.
- Property Searches: We will fulfil any property searches requested by your new lender before approving the loan.
- Property Evaluation and Mortgage Offer: The new lender evaluates your property and issues a formal mortgage offer.
- Mortgage Offer Examination: Our conveyancing team reviews the terms of the mortgage offer, addressing any concerns with you and the lender.
- Signing the New Mortgage Deed: Once satisfied, you can sign the new mortgage deed.
- Final Checks: We will conduct a bankruptcy search and priority search with HM Land Registry to ensure no adverse changes.
- Completion Day: On the agreed completion day, we will:
- receive mortgage funds from the new lender.
- pay off your old lender and any fees
- deposit the money into your account.
- Informing Land Registry: We notify the Land Registry of the change of lender and update the property title deeds.
Discover more about Remortgage Conveyancing at our Hertford, Finchley, and Potters Bar offices.
What are our Remortgage Conveyancing Quotes and Fees?
We are happy to provide remortgage conveyancing quotes as required from our conveyancing teams in Potters Bar, Hartford and Finchley.
|Indication of our fees for remortgage conveyancing of £300,000 of a residential property in Edmonton London N18
|TYPE OF FEE
|Acting for you in the remortgage of your home
Acting on behalf of your mortgage company in relation to redemption (per mortgage)**
|Professional Indemnity Fee
|Transfer of Funds, per item
|File Archive Fee
Total of Above Fees
Total VAT to be paid on the above fees
**If your Mortgage provider is Paragon Mortgages, Metro Bank or The Mortgage Trust, there will be an additional legal fee estimated to be around £100.00 + VAT due to the sheer number of conditions in their offers.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Local Authority Search (if applicable) – £95.00
Land Registry Fee – £40.00
Land Registry Search Fee, OS1 – £3.00
Bankruptcy Search Fee (per name) – £2.00
Obtaining Office Copy Entries (per title) – £6.00
Our fees assume that:
- This is a standard transaction, and that no unforeseen matters arise, including for example (but not limited to), a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- This is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease ( if leasehold).
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner, and no unforeseen complications arise.
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation.
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
Learn more about Remortgage Conveyancing at our Finchley, Potters Bar, Hertford offices.
Martin Shepherd Solicitors offers a transparent remortgage conveyancing service. When you contact us, we will provide you with a written quote specific to your conveyancing process.