Spencer qualified as a Solicitor in June 1999 and joined the firm in the spring of 2020. He specialises in disputes about business, construction and property, wills and estates. Spencer also specialises in employment agreements and disputes, and Landlord and Tenant.
Spencer is experienced in acting for private individuals, businesses of all sizes and kinds, developers, asset managers, property and insolvency professionals, lenders, local authorities and housing associations.
Recent work includes:
- The defence of several contractual claims to trial and appeal, for a foster care business in claims commenced by a breakaway business;
- Acting for a construction contractor and its director in the defence and counterclaim of proceedings commenced by an employer;
- Injunction proceedings for a private clinic business against shareholders and a former consultant who had set up a competing business;
- Employment advice, and drafting a consultancy agreement, for a an international financial services business;
- Advising the employees of a large publishing company about redundancy and settlement agreements;
- The defence of TUPE claims to trial for a skip hire business;
- Advising a Housing Association on planning evidence in a major project;
- Numerous forfeiture, squatters, nuisance and damages claims for local authorities, charities and HA’s.
Spencer is experienced in resolving disputes by adjudication, arbitration, expert determination, negotiation, and mediation. Spencer is a member of the Property Litigation Association.